Kernersville Museum
The Kernersville Museum
127 W. Mountain Street
Kernersville, NC 27284
info@kernersvillemuseum.org
336-497-4869

Museum Foundation

     The Kernersville Museum Foundation was chartered May 23, 2013; and, the Board of Directors of The Kernersville Museum Foundation formed in the early part of 2014. The Museum was established under the stewardship of John and Bobbie Wolfe, lifetime residents of the Town of Kernersville, and avid proponents for preservation of the history of the Town of Kernersville.​

     On August 14, 2013, the Town of Kernersville, John and Bobbie Wolfe, and the Kernersville Historical Preservation Society, Inc. entered an Agreement Regarding the Use, Maintenance, and Establishment of a Kernersville Museum. In August, 2013, John and Bobbie Wolfe donated the late 1800’s David Bodenhamer House, commonly known as the Bellamy House, located at 127 West Mountain Street, to the Town of Kernersville.

​     With generous donations from the Elizabeth Click Burns Estate of $50,000, bequeathed for the sole purpose of establishing a Kernersville Museum, a $25,000 donation from the Kernersville Historical Preservation Society through the Harmon Linville Estate, and a $10,000 sponsorship from John G. Wolfe, III and Associates, PLLC, to help with up-fitting, the Museum is up and running.

​     The official ribbon cutting and opening ceremony of the new Kernersville Museum took place on May 3, 2014, during the Town of Kernersville’s Annual Spring Folly event, at which time the Museum was opened to the public.

​     In March 2014, in collaboration with the Town of Kernersville and The Kernersville Historic Preservation Society, the Foundation expanded its holdings to include The Kernersville Depot, a 1800’s Norfolk-Southern Railroad train depot, which was saved from demolition by Kernersville Downtown Preservation and Development Committee in 1998, moved to its current location, and restored through funds donated by the Harmon Linville Estate.

​     In September, 2014, Caudill’s Commercial Electric Co., Inc. generously contributed the equipment and labor for installation of a state of the art Security System at the Museum facility in order to secure the Museum for preservation of acquisitions, collections, artifacts, and archival materials.

​     Today, The Kernersville Museum Foundation is made up of a thirteen member volunteer Board of Directors working diligently to provide quality educational programming and events for the Kernersville Community.

​     The Kernersville Museum Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.